Tuesday, December 6, 2011

But Isn’t That What It’s For

Someone told me the funniest thing today and I had to share it!!!

I have finally met someone lazier than me. I was coming out of the York Street subway station when I noticed that it had started raining again. I stopped just next to the exit to fish out my umbrella. The man next to me said something so I took my headphones off to hear what he had to say. He said he was waiting for the rain to stop because he didn’t want to get his umbrella wet. I wasn’t sure if I had heard correctly so I asked him to repeat himself. He told me that he had been out earlier in the day and it wasn’t raining so his umbrella was still in his backpack. He lived a few blocks away and thought it would be a shame to get his umbrella wet when he was so close to home. I was shocked speechless but managed to ask “but isn’t that what it’s for?"

No comments:

Post a Comment