Monday, August 1, 2011

Look at these beauties!! Merlinite

I love anything with Dendrites. These dreamy tree like formations suspended in stone are so magical- I buy them whenever I see them. When I learned about this stone - I looked everywhere for some. 


Had. To. Have. Some. 


So imagine my surprise when I was at my favorite stone vendor’s table last week looking for Amethyst and there was a gorgeous selection of Merlinite right next to it. Naturally I got as many as my wallet could handle and I look forward to making some amazing things with these.
++please note: there is no Opal in this stone. It was given this name because of the iridescence that is sometimes present in the quartz.++






Reserved for Kate

Reserved for Kate


Reserved for Kate




via crystal-healing- for- you.com
"This stone currently comes from only one mine in New Mexico. It is a variety of Dendritic Opal... and sometimes has an opalescent sheen. It may contain a blend of white quartz, black dendritic inclusions and black Psilomelane... depending on the individual stone."



"Merlinite is a stone of duality... of black and white... and light and dark.
This is a stone that attracts powerful magic and good luck into your life... and it may also take you to places where you make contact with the deeper, darker parts of yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment